Bread Dough Base
1 egg, beaten
1 tomato, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp tomato puree
30 g (1 oz) Italian salami, chopped
30 g (1 oz) mortadella ham, chopped
30 g (1 oz) Ricotta
2 spring onions (scallions), trimmed and chopped
1/4 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper
1. Roll out the dough into a 23 cm (9 inch) circle on a lightly floured work surface. Brush the edge of the dough with a little beaten egg.
2. Spread the tomato puree over half the circle nearest to you. Scatter the salami, mortadella and chopped tomato on top. Dot with the Ricotta and sprinkle over the spring onions (scallions) and oregano. Season well.
3. Fold over the other half of the dough to form a half moon. Press the edges together well to prevent the filling from coming out.
4. Place on a baking sheet (cookie sheet) and brush with beaten egg to glaze. Make a hole in the top to allow steam to escape.
5. Bake in a preheated oven, 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6, for 20 minutes, or until golden.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!