2 sticks of French bread
4 plum tomatoes, sliced thinly lengthways
150 g (5 oz) Mozzarella, sliced thinly
10 black olives, cut into rings
8 fresh basil leaves, shredded
olive oil for drizzling
salt and pepper
1. Cut the baguettes in half lengthways and toast the cut side of the bread lightly. Spread the toasted baguettes with the tomato sauce.
2. Arrange the tomato and Mozzarella slices alternately along the length.
3. Top with the olive rings and half the basil. Drizzle over a little olive oil and season well.
4. Either place under a preheated medium grill (broiler) and cook until the cheese is melted and bubbling or bake in a preheated oven, 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6, for 15 - 20 minutes.
5. Sprinkle over the remaining basil and serve immediately.