Bread Dough Base
4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
30 g (1 oz) black olives, chopped
Special Tomato Sauce
4 small chicory (endive) leaves, shredded
4 small radicchio leaves, shredded
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
60 g (2 oz) wafer-thin smoked ham
60 g (2 oz) blue cheese, cut into small pieces
olive oil for drizzling
salt and pepper
chopped fresh chervil, to garnish
1. Knead the dough gently with the sun-dried tomatoes and olives until well mixed.
2. Roll out or press the dough, using a rolling pin or your hands, into a 25 cm (10 inch) circle on a lightly floured work surface. Place on a greased baking sheet (cookie sheet) or pizza pan and push up the edge a little to form a rim.
3. Cover and leave to rise slightly in a warm place for 10 minutes before spreading with tomato sauce almost to the edge.
4. Top the pizza with shredded lettuce leaves and avocado slices. Scrunch up the ham and add with the cheese. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season well.
5. Bake in a preheated oven, 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6, for 18 - 20 minutes, or until the edge is crisp and golden brown.
6. Sprinkle with chervil to garnish and serve immediately.