150 g (6 oz) chocolate chip and nut cookies
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
75 g (3 oz) butter, melted
225 g (8 oz) curd cheese
75 g (3 oz) caster sugar
3 eggs, separated
225 ml (8 fl oz) double cream
100 g (4 oz) plain chocolate, melted
1 tbsp rum
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
4 tsp powdered gelatine
Fresh fruit and cream, to serve, optional
1. Crush biscuits and . stir in cinnamon and butter. Press into base of a 22cm (8in) spring form cake tin. Chill.
2. Beat together the cheese, sugar and egg yolks. Whip cream until it forms soft peaks and fold in. Divide mixture between 2 bowls.
3. Mix chocolate and rum. Stir into one half of cheese mixture. Flavour remaining mixture with vanilla.
4. Dissolve gelatine in 4 tbsp hot water. Add two thirds to chocolate mixture and remainder to vanilla mixture, stirring well. Set aside until they begin to set.
5. Whisk egg whites until stiff. Fold half
into chocolate mix and half into vanilla mix.
6. Pour chocolate mix on to base. Gently spoon vanilla mix on top and lightly swirl through.
7. Chill for 3 - 4 hours. . Remove from tin and serve, decorated with cream and fruit, if wished.
To get the best marbled effect, use a spoon handle and swirl gently through the mixture. Be careful not to touch the biscuit base.
16 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!