10 g (1/4 oz) fresh parsley
3 - 4 garlic cloves, crushed
8 - 12 sardines, prepared
30 ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
50 g (2 oz) 1/2 cup plain flour
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cumin
60 ml (4 tbsp) vegetable oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
naan bread and salad, to serve
1. Finely chop the parsley and mix in a small bowl with the garlic.
2. Pat the parsley and garlic mixture all over the outsides and insides of the sardines. Sprinkle them with the lemon juice and set aside, covered, in a cool place for about 2 hours to absorb the flavours.
3. Place the flour on a large plate and season with cumin, salt and pepper. Roll the sardines in the flour, taking care to coat each fish thoroughly.
4. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the fish in batches for 5 minutes on each side until crisp.
5. Keep warm in the oven while cooking the remaining fish and then serve with naan bread and salad.
48 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!