675 g (1 1/2 lb) lean pork
1 tbsp seasoned flour
4 sticks celery
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2.5 cm (1 in) piece fresh root ginger, grated
2 tbsp soy sauce
salt and pepper
300 ml (1/2 pint) vegetable stock
25 g (1 oz) butter
100 g (4 oz) whole blanched almonds
1. Cut pork into even - sized cubes and toss in the seasoned flour. Slice onion and celery.
2. Heat the oil in a flame-proof casserole, add the pork and fry until browned.
3. Add the onion, celery and ginger and cook for 4 - 5 mins. Stir in the soy sauce, seasoning and vegetable stock.
4. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 mins.
5. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan, add the almonds and fry until golden. Serve pork topped with almonds.
Root ginger is available from most large supermarkets. Peel then grate finely.