12 raw tiger prawns (shrimp)
12 raw (small) shrimp
450 g (1 lb) fillet of sea bream
60 g (2 oz) 4 tbsp butter
12 scallops, shelled
125 g (4 1/2 oz) freshwater prawns (shrimp)
juice and finely grated rind of 1 lemon
pinch of saffron powder or threads
1 litre (1 3/4 pints) 4 cups vegetable stock
150 ml (1/4 pint) 2/3 cup rose petal vinegar
450 g (1 lb) dried farfalle
1 tbsp olive oil
150 ml (1/4 pint) 2/3 cup white wine
1 tbsp pink peppercorns
115 g (4 oz) baby carrots
150 ml (1/4 pint) 2/3 cup double (heavy) cream or fromage frais
salt and pepper
1. Peel and devein the prawns (shrimp) and (small) shrimp. Thinly slice the sea bream. Melt the butter in a frying pan (skillet), add the sea bream, scallops, prawns (shrimp) and (small) shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes.
2. Season with pepper to taste. Add the lemon juice and grated rind. Very carefully add a pinch of saffron powder or a few strands of saffron to the cooking juices (not to the seafood).
3. Remove the seafood from the pan, set aside and keep warm.
4. Return the pan to the heat and add the stock. Bring to the boil and reduce by one third. Add the rose petal vinegar and cook for 4 minutes, until reduced.
5. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the farfalle and oil and cook for 8 - 10 minutes until tender, but still firm to the bite. Drain the pasta, transfer to a serving plate and top with the seafood.
6. Add the wine, peppercorns, and carrots to the pan and reduce the sauce for 6 minutes. Add the cream or fromage frais and simmer for 2 minutes.
7. Pour the sauce over the seafood and pasta and serve immediately.