This Passover candy can also be made at other times of the year using ordinary farfel.
pareve, kosher for Passover
makes about 45
2 cups honey
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup Matzo Farfel (recipe page 53)
3 cups chopped peanuts
1. Dampen an 8 x 12-inch jellyroll pan with cold water.
2. Put the honey and sugar in a heavy-based pan and bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Boil without stirring for 20 minutes, or until a candy thermometer registers 238°F.
4. Stir in the farfel and nuts, then turn the mixture into the jellyroll pan.
5. As it cools, cut into diamond shapes with a sharp knife dipped in cold water. Let cool completely.
5 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!