4 lean pork chops, trimmed of fat and rind
1 tbsp polyunsaturated vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 tbsp unrefined brown sugar
1 tbsp dry mustard, any flavour
2 tsps tomato puree
1 beef stock cube
280 ml (1/2 pint) water
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsps fresh lemon juice
1. Grill the pork chops under a preheated hot grill for 6 - 7 minutes on each side.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, and fry the onion gently, until it is lightly browned.
3. Stir the sugar, mustard powder, tomato puree and beef stock cube into the cooked onion. Mix the ingredients together well, then add the water and bring to the boil, stirring continuously
4. Stir the Worcestershire sauce and the lemon juice into the onion and spice mixture, then check the seasoning, adding freshly ground sea salt and black pepper to taste.
5. Put the pork chops into an ovenproof baking dish, or shallow casserole, and pour the sauce over them.
6. Cook in a preheated oven, 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4, for about 40-45 minutes, or until the meat is tender.