300 g (10 oz) condensed celery soup
3 celery stalks, chopped
3 egg yolks
pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 egg whites
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
margarine, for greasing
1. Heat the oven to 180°C (350°F) Gas 4. Grease a 2 L/3V2 pint souffle or ovenproof dish.
2. Pour the celery soup into a saucepan and warm through gently. Stir in the celery.
3. Remove the soup from the heat
and stir in the egg yolks and nutmeg. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. In a clean, dry bowl whisk the egg whites until they are standing in stiff peaks.
5. Using a metal spoon, fold a spoonful of the egg whites into celery mixture and then fold in
the remainder of the egg whites.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
7. Carefully slide the oven shelf out a little way, sprinkle the grated Parmesan over the souffle and return it to the oven for a further 5 minutes. Serve at once.
10 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!