225 g (8 oz) butter
150 g (6 oz) caster sugar
150 g (6 oz) self-raising flour, sifted
2 tablespoons golden syrup
218 g can Sweetened Condensed Milk
75 g (3 oz) white chocolate, melted
75 g (3 oz) dark chocolate, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F), Gas Mark 4. Grease an 18 x 28cm (7 x 11 inch) square tin.
2. Cream together 100 g (4 oz) of the butter and 50g (2oz) of the sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the flour.
3. Press the mixture evenly over the base of the tin and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden. Leave to cool in the tin.
4. Put the remaining butter and caster sugar in a saucepan with the golden syrup and Milk. Place over a low heat until dissolved, then boil for 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously. Spread the caramel over the cooked base and leave to cool.
5. Pour the melted white and dark chocolate over the caramel and spread evenly, then swirl to create a pattern. Leave to set.
6. When the chocolate has set, cut the millionaire's shortbread into 16 pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
13 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!