1 goose carcase
600 g (1 1/4 lb) roast goose
meat juices from roast
2 cups (500 ml) water
2 medium onions
500 g (18 oz) small white turnips
250 g (9 oz) potatoes
250 g (9 oz) carrots
2 oz (50 g) goose or pork dripping (fat from roasted meat)s
1 tbsp plain flour (All purpose)
1 tsp salt
1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Cut up goose carcass with poultry shears. Remove skin from meat. Cover carcass, skin and juices with the water and simmer for 30 minutes, covered.
2. Peel and chop onions. Peel, wash and chop turnips, potatoes and carrots. Cut up cooked goose meat.
3. Strain goose stock.
4. Heat dripping and fry onions until transparent; stir in flour and gradually add stock, stirring continously.
5. Add turnips to sauce, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
6. Add chopped potatoes, carrots and salt and cook for 20 minutes longer.
7. Add meat and heat with vegetables.
8. Season stew with pepper and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.