1. Combine the fruit and the apple juice and allow to soak for at least 1 hour.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients and rub in the butter or margarine until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
3. Beat in the eggs and mix in the fruit and juice.
4. Line the bottom of a deep 15cm/6 inch round dish with greaseproof paper. Pour in the cake mixture and smooth the top.
5. Let the mixture stand for a few minutes, then bake for 3 minutes on HIGH, followed by 13 minutes on MEDIUM, or until the centre is just dry Allow to cool slightly, then turn out onto a rack to finish cooling.
6. When cool, brush the top with reduced sugar apricot jam.