40 g (1 1/2 oz) toasted almonds
3 size 3 eggs, separated
75 g (3 oz) caster sugar
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
15 g (1/2 oz) powdered gelatine
30 ml (2 tbsp) water
226 g (8 oz) can pineapple slices, drained
150 ml (1/4 pint) double cream, lightly whipped
1. Place the almonds in the processor bowl, chop finely and reserve.
2. Put egg yolks, sugar, lemon rind and juice into a bowl over hot water and whisk until thick and creamy.
3. Dissolve the gelatine in the water.
4. Reserve one pineapple slice. Chop the rest in the processor and fold into the mixture.
5. Stir in the gelatine and fold in almost all the cream, reserving a little for decoration.
6. Whisk the egg whites and fold into the mixture.
7. Pour the mousse into a serving dish and chill to set.
8. Decorate the top with chopped almonds, the remaining cream and pineapple slice.