This make a rich starter or an elegant main course, yet it's surprisingly easy.
900 g (2 lbs) cooked prawns
60 g (2 oz) butter, softened
Pinch salt, white pepper and cayenne
1 clove garlic, crushed
90 g (6 tbsps) fine dry breadcrumbs
30 g (2 tbsps) chopped parsley
60 ml (4 tbsps) sherry
Lemon wedges or slices
1. To prepare the prawns, remove the heads and legs first.
2. Peel off the shells, carefully removing the tail shells.
3. Remove the black vein running down the length of the rounded side with a cocktail stick. If desired, peeled prawns may be used instead.
4. Arrange prawns in a shallow casserole or individual dishes.
5. Combine the remaining ingredients, except the lemon garnish, mixing well.
6. Spread the mixture to completely cover the prawns and place in a pre-heated 190°C (375°F) Gas Mark 5 oven for about 20 minutes, or until the butter melts and the crumbs become crisp. Garnish with lemon wedges or slices.
32 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!