700 g (1 1/2 lb) potatoes, peeled
1 small onion, peeled and quartered
100 g (4 oz) streaky bacon, derinded and diced
30 ml (2 tbsp) plain flour
1 size 3 egg
salt and pepper
1. Oil for frying Grate the potatoes and onions and set aside.
2. Place the bacon in the processor bowl and chop finely.
3. Mix the potatoes, onions, bacon, flour and egg until combined and season to taste.
4. Shape into 6 x 7.5cm (3 inch) rounds.
5. Heat the oil in a pan. Fry the rounds for about 15 minutes, turning once until golden. Drain.
6. Serve on their own or with scrambled egg.
4 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!