4 large potatoes, peeled
100 g (4 oz) plain flour
pinch of salt
1 size 3 egg
275 ml (1/2 pt) milk
4 cod fillets
flour to coat
1. Cut the potatoes into chips. Put into a bowl of cold water to remove the starch and to prevent the chips from turning brown.
2. Mix the flour and salt well. Add the remaining liquid and mix well. Pour into a large bowl.
3. Coat the cod fillets in flour and shake off any excess.
4. Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 190°C. Dip fish in prepared batter and fry turning during cooking until a light golden brown. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
5. Dry chips thoroughly and fry until a light golden brown. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
6. Serve with a wedge of lemon and tartare sauce.
24 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!