4 thick lamb loin chops
40 g (l 1/2 oz) butter
100 g (4 oz) chicken livers, thawed if frozen and finely chopped
100 g (4 oz) mushrooms, finely chopped
salt and pepper
1 egg, beaten
50 g (2 oz) fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
fresh parsley sprigs, to garnish
1. Using a sharp, pointed knife, make a horizontal cut in each chop, working from the outside fat edge to the bone, to form a pocket.
2. To make the stuffing, melt 15 g (1/2 oz) of the butter in a frying pan, add the chicken livers and mushrooms and fry for 4 - 5 minutes, until soft but not brown. Season to taste.
3. Leave the stuffing to cool slightly, then spoon into the cavity in the chops and secure the open edges with wooden cocktail sticks.
4. Dip the chops in the beaten egg, then in the breadcrumbs to coat thoroughly.
5. Put the chops in a roasting tin. Melt the remaining butter and pour over the chops. Bake at 200°C (400°F) mark 6 for 15 minutes, then turn and bake for a further 15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve hot, garnished with parsley sprigs.