makes about 35
2 oz (50 g) butter
4 fl oz (120 ml) water
3 oz (75 g) plain flour
4 oz (125 g) smoked ham, finely chopped
4 oz (125 g) cooked potato, mashed and sieved
2 oz (50 g) mature Cheddar, finely grated
freshly grated Parmesan
1. Melt the butter in the water over a low heat. Bring to the boil.
2. Off the heat, immediately add the flour. Return to a medium heat and beat until the mixture forms a ball and leaves the sides of the pan. Cool slightly.
3. Gradually add the eggs and beat thoroughly. Stir in the remaining ingredients and season with freshly ground black pepper.
4. Deep fry heaped teaspoonfuls of the mixture at 190°C (375°F) for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
5. Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot sprinkled with the cheese.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!