2 kg scored loin of pork
25 g sugar
250 g peeled, cored and quartered apples
500 ml stock
200 ml cream
1. Rub a 2 kg scored loin of pork with a mixture of salt, pepper and flour and roast at 220°C for 1 hour.
2. When almost cooked, drain off the fat, swill the pan with vinegar and 25 g sugar, then add 250 g peeled, cored and quartered apples sprinkled with sugar and continue cooking for a further 30 minutes. Swill the pan with 500 ml stock and add 200 ml cream to make the accompanying sauce.
3. Carve the meat, allowing one thick or two thin slices per portion, together with a piece of crackling.
4. Arrange overlapping on a dish, lightly coat with some of the sauce and serve garnished with the apples.
5. Serve the remainder of the sauce in sauceboats.