1. Blend the yeast and water together. Mix the flour and salt together in a bowl. Rub in the margarine.
2. Pour in the yeast liquid and any flavourings, and mix all the ingredients until the sides of the bowl are left clean.
3. Turn out the dough on to a lightly floured surface and knead until silky smooth for about 10 minutes. Shape the dough as required.
4. Cover and leave in a warm, draught free place for about one hour or until doubled in size.
5. Glaze and decorate as needed.
6. Bake at Mark 8 (230°C) 450°F for 45 - 50 minutes for a loaf or 10 - 15 minutes for rolls.