This is the perfect quiche for using up all those left over cheeses from the cheeseboord.
6 oz (175 g) plain flour
pinch of salt
1 1/2 oz (40 g) butter
1 1/2 oz (40g) polyunsaturated margarine
1 tbsp oil
1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and sliced
1 oz (25 g) Lancashire, grated
1 oz (25 g) Cheshire, grated
1 oz (25 g) Cotswold, grated
2 oz (50 g) Red Windsor, grated
5 fl oz (150 ml) milk
1. Sift flour and a pinch of salt into a bowl. Rub in fats until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Add 2 tbsp water and mix to a firm dough. Knead lightly, cover and chill for 15 minutes. Roll out and use to line a 9 inch (22.5 cm) flan tin.
3. Prick with a fork, brush with a little beaten egg and bake blind in a moderately hot oven Mark 5 (190°C) 375°F for 15 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry spring onions gently until soft. Place onions and grated cheeses on pastry case, reserving a little cheese.
5. Beat eggs and milk and pour into pastry case, sprinkling top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake in a moderately hot oven Mark 5 (190°C) 375°F for 40 to 45 minutes until golden.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!