1. Mix the chick pea flour in a large mixing bowl with the spices, salt and chilli powder.
2. Remove the stalks from the okra, rinse and dry them; cut lengthwise into thin strips. Spread out on a very large chopping board or on the work surface and sprinkle the spiced flour all over them, using your hands to lift and turn them so that they are completely coated.
3. Heat plenty of sunflower seed oil in a deep-fryer to 350°F (180°C) and fry the okra in small batches for 2 - 3 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
4. Remove from the oil and keep warm in a low oven on kitchen paper to finish draining until the remaining batches have been fried.
5. Serve without delay, garnished with sprigs of coriander.