505 Calories per portion
100 g (4 oz) butter
175 g (6 oz) caster sugar
3 eggs, beaten
50 g (2 oz) cocoa
225 g (8 oz) self raising flour
225 ml (8 fl oz) fresh milk
225 ml (8 fl oz) fresh whipping cream, whipped
425 g (15 oz) can mandarins in natural juice
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Beat eggs in gradually.
2. Sieve the cocoa into the flour and gradually fold into the mixture with the milk.
3. Pour into two 20.5 cm (8 inch) greased sandwich tins and bake at 180°C (350°F) mark 4 for 25 minutes.
4. Cool in tins for 5 minutes then cool on a wire rack. When cold sandwich together with half of the cream and mandarin segments.
5. Decorate with remaining cream and grated chocolate.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!