4 loin pork chops
1 pig's kidney
2 tbsp (1 oz) 25 g butter
1/4 cup (15 g) fresh brown breadcrumbs
1/2 tsp thyme
1/2 level tsp salt
for the sauce
1 rounded tsp plain flour (All purpose)
1/4 pt (150ml) water
1 rounded tsp tomato puree (paste)
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt Pepper
1. Trim the excess fat from the chops and remove the rind. Insert the tip of a sharp knife into the fat side of the chop and cut inwards to make a large pocket in the meat.
2. Finely dice the kidney, discarding the core, and chop the onion finely.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the kidney and onion and cook quickly for about 5 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Heat the grill to moderate.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the breadcrumbs, thyme, salt and freshly ground pepper. Cool the stuffing, divide into 4 portions and use a teaspoon to fill the chops with it.
6. Press to flatten slightly without loosening the stuffing.
7. Cook the chops under the grill for about 10 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm on a serving dish.
8. Meanwhile peel and cut the tomatoes into wedges. Pour the sediment and juices from the grill pan into a small saucepan. Blend in the flour, stir in the water and bring to the boil.
9. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, cook for 1 minute, then pour over the meat.