Fleurons - Small pieces of puff pastry usually cut into crescent shapes and baked in a hot oven.
Jus Li - A French term referring to meat juice that has been lightly thickened with a either arrowroot or cornstarch.
10 x 85 g fillets of sole
50 g shallots
300 ml red wine
200 ml fish stock
600 ml jus li© or demi-glace
2 tbs anchovy essence
75 g butter
1. Butter and season a shallow tray, sprinkle with the finely chopped shallots and lay the prepared fillets in the tray in a single layer.
2. Add the wine and stock to barely cover the fish, cover with buttered greaseproof paper and poach in the oven at 175°C for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the fillets and place in a serving dish, cover and keep them warm.
4. Strain the cooking liquor into a shallow pan and reduce by half.
5. Add the brown sauce, reduce to a coating consistency, then add the anchovy essence and pass through a fine strainer.
6. Whisk in the butter a little at a time, away from the stove, and season with salt and cayenne.
7. Coat the fish evenly with the sauce, garnish with the fleurons and serve.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!