Poached Fillet of Sole in White Wine Sauce (Filet de Sole au Vin Blanc)
10 x 85 g fillets of sole
50 g shallots
100 ml dry white wine
200 ml fish stock
600 ml fish veloute
100 ml cream
75 g butter
seasoning 10 fleurons
1. Butter and season a shallow tray and sprinkle with the finely chopped shallots.
2. Lay the prepared fillets in the tray in a single layer, add the wine and stock to barely cover the fish.
3. Cover with buttered greaseproof paper and poach in the oven at 175°C for 10 minutes.
4. Remove the fillets and place in a serving dish, cover and keep them warm.
5. Strain the cooking liquor into a shallow pan, add the veloute and the cream, reduce to a coating consistency, then pass through a fine strainer.
6. Whisk in the butter a little at a time, away from the stove, and season with salt and cayenne.
7. Coat the fish evenly with the sauce, garnish with the fleurons and serve.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!